Do you want an interim Finance Director capable of providing so much more than you expect?
Simon Evans, FCA DChA, has successfully tackled the following problems and issues common to the charity world:
Simon is available to serve as your Interim Finance Director and help achieve the results you need for optimum sustainability and success. He offers a basic
package of £1,000 a month which includes two days on site plus unlimited timely email and telephone support. The process begins with acquiring a deep
understanding of your strategic objectives, matching it with the financial capacity of your organisation and ensuring accurate and timely monthly financial
reporting. The processes and reporting systems will be designed to work well within the grasp of your regular financial staff using your accounting software.
- Taken responsibility for underperforming finance teams with no handover from an outgoing Finance Director and produced robust monthly reporting;
- Rescued failing financial and business system implementations by firm negotiation and man management skills;
- Improved irrecoverable VAT recovery by more than £100k a year by the negotiation of improved special methods with HMRC VAT;
- Secured significant repayments of VAT by negotiating VAT zero rating on new building costs on contentious issues with HMRC VAT;
- Helped a charity to take a much more commercial approach to contracts delivering better terms and conditions and eliminating unreasonable contract risk. A system for controlling contracts is now free to use for all clients;
- Delivered a service of producing good standard legal documents free to use for all clients;
- Instilled good contract negotiation skills to existing staff of the charity avoiding many contractual problems;
- Established a Trading Subsidiary for a charity, which was tax efficient, simple to administer and has the right board of directors; and
- Introduced an Excel based risk management system that can be administered by the charity's own staff.
Beyond the basic package, additional days required on site are offered at the rate of £250 a day.